Fullscreen Close
David Kinna's Family Research
Joseph Rabinowitz
1837 - 1899
Golda Danilovna
1836 - 1913
Vladimir Rabinowitz
1855 - 1913
Juliannia Dragunova
1873 - ?
Nikolai Syrokomskaya
1893 - 1969
Victoria Rabinowitz
1893 - 1969
Alexander Rabinowitz
1897 - 1961
first marriage
Lyubov Volpin

first Wife
Nadezhda Volpin
Sergei Yesenin
Vladimir Syrokomskaya
1919 - 1996
Olga Bondarenko
1926 - 2010
1897 - 1961
Second marriage
Fani Roitberg

second Wife
Anatoly Kulik
1st Husband
1951 - 2013
1960 - ?
Victoria Lazarets
Alexander Rabinowitz
Jacqueline Rabinowitz
Julius Rabinowitz

1951 - 2013
Victor Jurkov
1940 - 1998
2nd Husband

Maria Jurkova
Olga Kulik
Igor Ivankov
Victor Ivankov
Dmitri Ivankov
Nastya Ivankov

Vladimir Yosefovich (Haim-Volke)

A history by Maria Zezina

Haim-Volke (that was Vladimir's birth name) was born in Orhei on September 13, 1856. When he was three years old, their house and all the property burned down and the family became poor. Most likely the young family was sheltered by Golda's parents, who lived in the same town. So Chaim-Wolke's early childhood was probably spent at his grandparents' house.

Gradually his father Joseph managed to get back on his feet. And was able to give his so far only son a good education. In 1871 Joseph was able to buy a piece of land in Kishinev and build a 7 large roomed house. The family then moved to Kishinev, and Chaim-Volka was sent to study at the Kishinev Normal School, which opened in December 1873. It was one of the first Real schools in Russia. It had four classes of the basic department and an additional mechanical-technical class

In 1877 Chaim-Volka was 20 years old and had to go into the army. But he was lucky - at the drawing of lots he received exemption from service and was enrolled in the militia It was possible to continue his studies. Haim-Volke entered one of the best technical colleges in Russia, the Alexander I Institute of Railway Engineers. In 1883 having completed a full course at the Institute, he received the title of civil engineer, with the right to perform construction works and with the right to the rank of Provincial Secretary when entering public service.

His first job was with the Belgian Joint Stock Company of the Odessa, Horse and Steam Railways. He spent three years in Odessa, where he was engaged in construction of the city transportation network, and then was promoted to assistant chief of the section for repairs and buildings in the Southwestern Railways company, with a salary of 1200 rubles per year, and moved to Kiev. Between Odessa and his appointment to Kiev there was a major event in the life of Chaim-Volke, he was baptized and received a new name - Vladimir. This occurred on August 23, 1886 in the St. Petersburg French Reformed Church, a year and a half after his father's baptism.

In February 1990 Vladimir was appointed to the Ministry of Railways with the title of civil engineer, with the rank of provincial secretary. Vladimir received the position of assistant section chief and settled at Ungheni Station. He received new ranks for his years of service and from grade 12, He gradually moved up : collegiate secretary In 1897, titular adviser in 1898, and achieved grade 8 - collegiate assessor in 1902, which in the army corresponded to the rank of major. However, moving up in the table of ranks, he remained in his former modest position of assistant section chief.

Vladimir and Juliannia
October 4, 1892 at the age of 36 years Vladimir married the 19-year-old daughter of a merchant Yulia Avanesovna Dragunova Armenian Gregorian denomination. The family settled in the town of Bila Tserkva on Smolyanaya Street in the house of Herchik. On August 9, 1893 Vladimir and Julia had a daughter, Victoria, and on July 18, 1897 a son, Alexander. The children were baptized in the Kishinev Evangelical Lutheran Church. The family grew, expenses increased. Vladimir began to clamour for an increase in his position and salary and for a transfer to another station. He repeatedly petitioned the management of the railways to apply for a transfer. In the autumn of 1898 he got a chance - a vacancy on the Kharkov-Nikolayevskaya railway occoured. Vladimir took three weeks leave for a trip to St. Petersburg, explaining it by "domestic circumstances". At work, he received a copy of his service record, and the case went to more senior person. The Chief Inspector of the Ministry of Railways reported Rabinovich's petition to the Minister. The minister was ready to support him, especially since not all of the section chiefs had an appropriate education.

The inspector wrote a letter to V.A. Myasoedov-Ivanov, the head of the railway administration. The letter was on ministerial letterhead, but its content was far from formal. It said that the engineer Rabinovich was a Jew, who had converted with his whole family to Christianity, "having lost touch with Jewry, he evidently has not managed or has not managed to make friends among the Christian co-workers and needs some support from his superiors." According to the inspector, Vladimir enjoyed the patronage of the late D. I. Zhuravsky, As a result of this correspondence, a letter from the ministry was sent to the head of the Kharkov-Nikolayevskaya railway in support of engineer Rabinovich's request. However, when Vladimir arrived in Kharkov in February 1899, he was told that there was no vacancy, and it was unknown when a vacancy would materialise, but as soon as the section chief position became available, he would be informed. Eight months had passed since his trip to Kharkov, but there had been no answer. During this time he had lost his father, to whom he was very attached. Vladimir's next letter, sent to the inspector of the Ministry of Railways in September 1899, is full of despair. He calls himself a "battered and forgotten engineer," asks for help to get out of this "bloody island," and writes that he is capable of more diverse and more independent activities than an assistant section chief. For the sake of his family's interests, he is willing to accept a position as section chief or another suitable one on any railway within European Russia.

The Ministry sends an inquiry to the chief of the Southwestern Railways about the moral and service qualities of Engineer Rabinovich and the possibility of his promotion. The answer left no hope: "The moral and service qualities of engineer Rabinovich are satisfactory, but as for presenting him with the highest position, could not be done on the South-Western Railway". A repeated appeal from the Ministry of Railways to the head of the Kharkiv-Nikolayevskaya railway also did not bring the desired result - there were no vacancies for the section head. Vladimir worked as an assistant to the head of the section till the end of his life.It is not known why Vladimir's working career did not work out. But it is obvious that the situation in which he found himself was burdensome. The monotonous work, the lack of money, the absence of any perspective in life, and social isolation had consequences for his health. The first signs of illness appeared as early as the age of 35. From the beginning of 1900 they worsened. In March Vladimir filed a report with a request for six weeks' leave and monetary allowance for treatment. Attached to the report was the conclusion of the medical committee that Mr. Rabinowitz, 43 years old, "suffers from degeneration of the posterior columns of the spinal cord in the initial period" and needs treatment with hydropathy and electricity. He received a leave of absence, but the treatment did not help. The disease progressed. In 1901 and 1902 he was examined by a medical board. The complaints remained the same: pain in the lower back and legs and general infirmity. In 1902 Vladimir again received six weeks leave and allowance for treatment. Treatment continued, but the disease did not recede. The report of the medical commission in 1911, said that the patient had been suffering for many years from an unknown cause, complaining of intermittent pain from the lower back to the toes, general weakness, rapid fatigue, constipation, heaviness, and headache in the evening.

Vladimir c.1900
In May 1912. Vladimir requested a leave of absence for 4 weeks for urgent domestic circumstances. Perhaps his mother was ill. Vladimir received only 2 weeks leave, but did not use it in full - he left for Kishinev on July 27 and returned on August 4. The following year, Vladimir asks for 6 weeks sick leave for treatment abroad, but only receives permission for 2 weeks. This time was not enough to travel abroad and undergo a full course of treatment. Year by year his health began to deteriorate. The doctor's report of August 5, 1913 stated that Vladimir Rabinovich "suffers from arteriosclerosis of the tangible arteries, frequent fits of palpitation, chronic articular rheumatism of the lower extremities and haemorrhoids. These seizures are accompanied by frequent headaches and general malaise. For the cure of these painful conditions it is necessary for him to undergo radical treatment and abstain from all mental and physical work. But he was not given leave for treatment, and he could not leave his job. On October 24, 1913. Vladimir Josephovich, at the age of 58, died suddenly of a ruptured heart. He was buried in Kishinev in the family crypt next to his father. Julia, who was left with two children, was given a pension of 181 rub. 25 k. per annum from the emmerita of the railway engineers. The sum was miserable, and it was impossible to live on that money. During the last five years Vladimir's salary amounted to 2160 roubles per year, of which 720 roubles for salary, 720 roubles for rent, 360 roubles for canteen and 360 roubles for travelling allowance. Julia applied for a pension from the treasury. It turned out that Vladimir's length of service gave her the right to a smaller pension because of a shortened length of service. The problem with the pension lasted more than a year; we had to have a medical conclusion that Vladimir was entitled to a pension in his lifetime because of his health, a certificate from the Bila Tserkva gymnasium, which confirmed that his son Alexander is educated at his mother's expense, as well as a certificate from the Kyiv governor that she has not lost her right to a pension. In 1916. Yulia Avanesovna moved to Kiev and in November 1918, five years after Vladimir's death, she married the son of the provincial secretary, Matthew Josephovich Lisetsky, age 29, at age 44. The children were already adults. It is possible that this marriage was not a long one. When his son Alexander entered the Moscow Conservatory in 1927, he stated in his application form that his mother was his dependent.>

Alexander Rabinowitz

Alexander Rabinowitz

Vladimir's son Alexander subsequently worked at the Scientific Institute of Music and Science in Moscow. During WWII he ended up in a German Concentration Camp until it was liberated by the US army. As he was a scientist, he was invited to go to America, he refused and returned to his family in Moscow. Later he was denounced as a Jew and an ex-concentration camp survivor, and sent to Siberia. Alexander had been condemned as a traitor to the Motherland, his sentence was 10 years, which he also survived. His family was also evicted from their Moscow apartment and sent to the Pale of Settlement.

When Alexander left Siberia, he returned to Moscow and worked as a physics teacher, but his treatment had left him in poor health and he died in 1961. Alexander married twice and he had three childeren with his second wife, two boys and a girl.

Young Vladimir

Владимир Йосефович (Хаим-Вольке)

История Марии Зезиной

Хаим-Вольке (так звали Владимира при рождении) родился в Орхее 13 сентября 1856 года. Когда ему было три года, их дом и все имущество сгорели, и семья обеднела. Скорее всего, молодую семью приютили родители Голды, жившие в том же городе. Поэтому раннее детство Хаима-Вольке, вероятно, прошло в доме бабушки и дедушки.

Постепенно его отец Иосиф сумел встать на ноги. И смог дать своему пока единственному сыну хорошее образование. В 1871 году Иосиф смог купить участок земли в Кишиневе и построить 7-комнатный дом. Затем семья переехала в Кишинев, и Хаим-Волька был отправлен учиться в Кишиневскую нормальную школу, открывшуюся в декабре 1873 года. Это было одно из первых реальных училищ в России. В нем было четыре класса основного отделения и дополнительный механико-технический класс

В 1877 году Хаиму-Вольке исполнилось 20 лет, и он должен был идти в армию. Но ему повезло - на жеребьевке он получил освобождение от службы и был зачислен вополчение Можно было продолжать учебу. Хаим-Вольке поступил в одно из лучших технических училищ России - Институт инженеров путей сообщения имени Александра I. В 1883 году, окончив полный курс института, он получил звание гражданского инженера с правом производства строительных работ и с правом на чин губернского секретаря при поступлении на государственную службу.

Первым местом его работы было Бельгийское акционерное общество Одесской, конно-железной и паровой железных дорог. Три года он провел в Одессе, где занимался строительством городской транспортной сети, а затем был повышен до помощника начальника участка по ремонту и постройкам в обществе Юго-Западных железных дорог с окладом 1200 рублей в год и переехал в Киев. Между Одессой и назначением в Киев произошло важное событие в жизни Хаима-Вольке, он крестился и получил новое имя - Владимир. Это произошло 23 августа 1886 года в Санкт-Петербургской французской реформатской церкви, через полтора года после крещения его отца.

В феврале 1990 года Владимир был назначен в Министерство путей сообщения в звании инженера-строителя, с чином губернского секретаря. Владимир получил должность помощника начальника участка и поселился на станции Унгены станция. За годы службы он получал новые чины и с 12 класса постепенно продвигался вверх: коллежский секретарь в 1897 году, титулярный советник в 1898 году и достиг 8 класса - коллежского асессора в 1902 году, что в армии соответствовало чину майора. Однако, продвигаясь по табели о рангах, он остался на прежней скромной должности помощника начальника отделения.

Vladimir and Juliannia
4 октября 1892 года в возрасте 36 лет Владимир женился на 19-летней дочери купца Юлии Аванесовне Драгуновой армяно-григорианской деноминации. Семья поселилась в городе Белая Церковь на Смоляной улице в доме Герчика. 9 августа 1893 года у Владимира и Юлии родилась дочь Виктория, а 18 июля 1897 года - сын Александр. Дети были крещены в Кишиневской евангелическо-лютеранской церкви. Семья росла, расходы увеличивались. Владимир стал требовать повышения должности и зарплаты, а также перевода на другую станцию. Он неоднократно обращался к руководству железных дорог с просьбой о переводе. Осенью 1898 года ему представился шанс - появилась вакансия на Харьковско-Николаевской железной дороге. Владимир взял трехнедельный отпуск для поездки в Петербург, объяснив это "домашними обстоятельствами". На работе ему выдали копию послужного списка, и дело перешло к более высокопоставленному лицу. Главный инспектор Министерства путей сообщения доложил о прошении Рабиновича министру. Министр был готов поддержать его, тем более что не все начальники участков имели соответствующее образование.

Инспектор написал письмо на имя В.А. Мясоедова-Иванова, начальника железнодорожного управления. Письмо было на министерском бланке, но его содержание было далеко от официального. В нем говорилось, что инженер Рабинович - еврей, перешедший со всей семьей в христианство, "потеряв связь с еврейством, он, очевидно, не успел или не сумел завести друзей среди сослуживцев-христиан и нуждается в некоторой поддержке со стороны начальства". По словам инспектора, Владимир пользовался покровительством покойного Д. И. Журавского, В результате этой переписки начальнику Харьковско-Николаевской железной дороги было направлено письмо из министерства в поддержку просьбы инженера Рабиновича. Однако, когда Владимир приехал в Харьков в феврале 1899 года, ему сказали, что вакансии нет, и неизвестно, когда она появится, но как только освободится место начальника участка, ему сообщат. С момента его поездки в Харьков прошло восемь месяцев, но ответа так и не последовало. За это время он потерял отца, к которому был очень привязан. Следующее письмо Владимира, отправленное инспектору Министерства путей сообщения в сентябре 1899 года, полно отчаяния. Он называет себя "забитым и забытым инженером", просит помочь выбраться с этого "проклятого острова" и пишет, что способен на более разнообразную и более самостоятельную деятельность, чем помощник начальника участка. Ради интересов своей семьи он готов принять должность начальника участка или другую подходящую на любой железной дороге в пределах Европейской России.

Министерство посылает запрос начальнику Юго-Западных железных дорог о моральных и служебных качествах инженера Рабиновича и возможности его продвижения по службе. Ответ не оставил надежд: "Нравственные и служебные качества инженера Рабиновича удовлетворительны, но что касается представления его к высшей должности, то на Юго-Западной железной дороге это не может быть сделано". Повторное обращение из Министерства путей сообщения к начальнику Харьковско-Николаевской железной дороги также не принесло желаемого результата - вакансий начальника участка не было. Владимир до конца жизни работал помощником начальника участка. Неизвестно, почему не сложилась трудовая карьера Владимира. Но очевидно, что ситуация, в которой он оказался, была тягостной. Монотонная работа, безденежье, отсутствие перспективы в жизни, социальная изоляция отразились на его здоровье. Первые признаки болезни появились уже в 35 лет. С начала 1900 года они ухудшились. В марте Владимир подал рапорт с просьбой о шестинедельном отпуске и денежном пособии на лечение. К рапорту прилагалось заключение медицинской комиссии о том, что 43-летний Рабинович "страдает дегенерацией задних столбов спинного мозга в начальном периоде" и нуждается в лечении гидропатией и электричеством. Он получил отпуск, но лечение не помогло. Болезнь прогрессировала. В 1901 и 1902 годах его осматривала врачебная комиссия. Жалобы остались прежними: боли в пояснице и ногах и общее недомогание. В 1902 году Владимир снова получил шестинедельный отпуск и пособие на лечение. Лечение продолжалось, но болезнь не отступала. В заключении врачебной комиссии в 1911 году говорилось, что больной уже много лет страдает от неизвестной причины, жалуется на периодические боли от поясницы до пальцев ног, общую слабость, быструю утомляемость, запоры, тяжесть, головную боль по вечерам.

Vladimir c.1900
В мае 1912 г. Владимир попросил отпуск на 4 недели по неотложным домашним обстоятельствам. Возможно, болела его мать. Владимир получил только 2 недели отпуска, но не использовал его полностью - он уехал в Кишинев 27 июля и вернулся 4 августа. На следующий год Владимир просит больничный на 6 недель для лечения за границей, но получает разрешение только на 2 недели. Этого времени было недостаточно для поездки за границу и прохождения полного курса лечения. Год за годом его здоровье стало ухудшаться. В заключении врача от 5 августа 1913 года говорилось, что Владимир Рабинович "страдает артериосклерозом ощутимых артерий, частыми приступами сердцебиения, хроническим суставным ревматизмом нижних конечностей и геморроем. Эти приступы сопровождаются частыми головными болями и общим недомоганием. Для излечения этих болезненных состояний ему необходимо пройти радикальное лечение и воздержаться от любой умственной и физической работы. Но отпуск на лечение ему не давали, а оставить работу он не мог. 24 октября 1913 г. Владимир Иосифович в возрасте 58 лет скоропостижно скончался от разрыва сердца. Он был похоронен в Кишиневе в семейном склепе рядом с отцом. Юлии, оставшейся с двумя детьми, была назначена пенсия в размере 181 руб. 25 к. в год из эмерита инженеров путей сообщения. Сумма была мизерной, и прожить на эти деньги было невозможно. За последние пять лет зарплата Владимира составляла 2160 рублей в год, из которых 720 рублей - зарплата, 720 рублей - квартплата, 360 рублей - столовая и 360 рублей - командировочные. Юлия подала заявление на получение пенсии из казны. Оказалось, что выслуга лет Владимира давала ей право на меньшую пенсию из-за сокращенного стажа. Проблема с пенсией длилась больше года, нужно было медицинское заключение, что Владимир по состоянию здоровья имеет право на пенсию при жизни, справка из Белоцерковской гимназии, подтверждающая, что сын Александр обучается за счет матери, а также справка от киевского губернатора, что она не потеряла право на пенсию. В 1916 г. Юлия Аванесовна переехала в Киев и в ноябре 1918 г., через пять лет после смерти Владимира, в возрасте 44 лет вышла замуж за сына губернского секретаря, Матвея Иосифовича Лисецкого, 29 лет. Дети были уже взрослыми. Возможно, что этот брак был недолгим. Когда его сын Александр в 1927 году поступал в Московскую консерваторию, он указал в анкете, что мать находится на его иждивении.>

Alexander Rabinowitz

Александр Рабинович

Сын Владимира Александр впоследствии работал в Научном институте музыки и науки в Москве. Во время Второй мировой войны он попал в немецкий концлагерь, пока его не освободила армия США. Поскольку он был ученым, его пригласили в Америку, он отказался и вернулся к семье в Москву. Позже его объявили евреем и бывшим пережившим концлагерь, и отправили в Сибирь. Александр был осужден как изменник Родины, приговорен к 10 годам, которые он тоже пережил. Его семью также выселили из московской квартиры и отправили в черту оседлости.

Когда Александр покинул Сибирь, он вернулся в Москву и работал учителем физики, но из-за лечения он потерял здоровье, и он умер в 1961 году.